DEADLINE EXTENDED! You now have until April 30, 2020 to Apply!!
Luciana Spring Mascarin Regional Ontario Bursary
The application for the 2020 Luciana Spring Mascarin Regional Ontario Bursary Program are available now for individuals with spina bifida and/or hydrocephalus living in the Windsor-Essex or Chatham-Kent areas of Ontario.
Deadline for application submission is the April 30, 2020.
Named in honour of Luciana Spring Mascarin, a young student from the area who lived with hydrocephalus and had an incredible zest for life and learning.
The Luciana Spring Mascarin Bursary Program was established:
• to encourage and support students with spina bifida and/or hydrocephalus to develop independence and responsibility for their own future educational directions; and
• to assist students to pursue higher education with the ultimate goal of obtaining a degree or graduate certificate or diploma.
This program offers assistance for such necessities as tuition, books, room and board, transportation and specialized equipment needs
The awards are valid at any accredited university or college, technical or trade school, career institute or school of business.
Number and amount of awards will be decided on a yearly basis.
One academic year.
The program is administered by Hydrocephalus Canada.
Open to Canadian citizens with spina bifida and/or hydrocephalus residing in the Windsor-Essex of Chatham-Kent areas in the province of Ontario.
Notification of awards will be made in June annually.
Obligation of Recipients
Recipients must enter/attend their chosen academic program in the year of application. Requests for deferment will be considered only in unusual circumstances such as illness. Proof of registration must be submitted before the award can be paid out. In the event that the student does not complete the academic program, he/she must submit documentation stating the reasons for his/her inability to complete the proposed course load in order to be considered for future scholarships.
The 2020 Luciana Spring Mascarin Ontario Regional Scholarship application is available NOW!
Forms may also be obtained by contacting Hydrocephalus Canada by mail, telephone 800-387-1575 or email@example.com
Luciana Spring Mascarin Ontario Bursary Program
16 Four Seasons Place, Suite 111
The completed 2020 application must be returned by mail to the address above, along with the following:
- academic transcripts, including the most recently completed semester. For students still in secondary school, a copy of the second semester mid-term report, or, if the school is not semestered, a copy of the last report issued;
- the medical assessment form (not required if you have previously applied, unless your situation has changed);
- one letter of reference from an adult other than a family member, such as a minister, youth group leader, coach, volunteer supervisor or employer;
- one letter of reference from a teacher, principal, guidance counsellor. If you are already attending a post-secondary institution, one letter must be from one of your professors or instructors.
- letter from you (the applicant) describing why you think you are deserving of this award-this is your opportunity to tell us about yourself; how spina bifida and/or hydrocephalus has affected your education and your life in general; a goal you set for yourself and how you achieved it; and any other information that you feel would be helpful for the Program Advisory Committee to make their decision.
April 30, 2020 (Applications received after this time can not be considered).