Hydrocephalus Canada is the voice of Canadians living with hydrocephalus and spina bifida. We empower those impacted by these conditions to experience the best life possible by establishing environments that protect those at risk of developing hydrocephalus and support and enhance the lives of those living with hydrocephalus and spina bifida.
Hydrocephalus Canada is your trusted source for compassionate, progressive and innovative solutions. We focus our efforts on four areas of influence: awareness, education, support and research.
Hydrocephalus Canada develops education resources, support tools and services for individuals affected, their caregivers and healthcare professionals. We create solutions that support prevention, early and accurate diagnosis, access to appropriate treatment, advancement of new treatments, and optimal outcomes.
Hydrocephalus Canada is leading the efforts to:
- increase awareness about hydrocephalus and spina bifida
- create solutions to support prevention, early, accurate diagnosis, access to safe, effective and appropriate treatment, advancement of new treatments, optimal health outcomes
- develop education resources and support tools for patients, caregivers and healthcare professionals
- establish supportive communities that encourage inclusive, proactive conversations and activities
- fund meaningful, impactful research