Children and Teens in Charge of their Health: A feasibility study of solution-focused coaching to foster healthy lifestyles in children and young people with physical disabilities Parents Supporting Their Children
Do you want to support your child in fostering a healthy lifestyle? Participate in a study on solution focused coaching!
The research team want to know whether solution focused coaching with parents can help young people with physical disabilities stay active and eat healthily. Participate in the study where you will get 6 months of solution focused coaching and let us know what you think!
Who can participate?
- Parents of children and youth between 10 and 18 years
- Your child has cerebral palsy or spina bifida
- Your child can physically move some part of their body on their own with or without a mobility device
- You can communicate in English
- You have home internet connection
- You will receive solution focused coaching for 6 months that includes 1 in home visit and 7 online coaching sessions (up
to 1 hour per session)
- Complete questionnaires and an interview at the end of the study on your experience
- You will receive a booklet on health y eating and physical
- Learn about healthy eating and physical activity
- Help us determine whether solution focused coaching for parents can help young people stay healthy
- Parents will receive a small token of appreciation after every visit to thank them for their time.
Interested in participating
If you are interested in participating in this study or have questions, please contact the Research Coordinator, Toni Lui at 416-425-6220 ext. 6521 or [email protected]hollandbloorview.ca with your interest. She will get back to your shortly. Contacting us does not mean that you have to participate in the study.